Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Hope



This is an excerpt from the book, Hope in the Dark. It's a conversation between an African man and one of the authors, Jena Lee:
 
" 'We know that Americans pity Africans,' he told me. 'But sometimes I think Africans pity Americans.'
'How so?' I asked him.
'Americans seem to expect that everything will be provided for them. For us,' he said, 'this ear of corn is a gift from God. This evening's rain is a shower of mercy upon us. This healthy breath is life-giving. And, maybe tomorrow we will not have such things, but our hearts are so full from God's provision.' "

i want to live like this. completely dependent on Him.


Check out Mocha Club
I volunteered at their office in Nashville this summer - such genuine people and a really simple but awesome way to do a little more. 



1 comment:

Melanie said...

what in...the world.
Erica, I was drafting up a new blog post today for that Mocha Club campaign. And I have THIS EXACT QUOTE in it...that's seriously crazy