Wednesday, December 10, 2008

comunidad.

My mom was here in Searcy saturday night-tuesday morning. We had a lot of fun just hanging out and catching up :) Sunday morning we went to one of the spanish churches in town. I used to sometimes go to a spanish church that meets in the fellowship building of Berry's Chapel church of Christ in Franklin, but haven't been in over a year. I loved going - the pastor of that church is still one of the happiest people I have ever met. The whole congregation (probably only 30 people) was so gracious and friendly. They would "nominate" me to read scripture aloud sometimes... in spanish... talk about nerve-wracking. But they were always so sweet when correcting my pronunciation :)   (Pharisee and Samaritan aren't exactly in my vocabulary).  

The service we went to on sunday was so great. I love hearing a prayer in spanish. I love that worship breaks all cultural and language barriers. I love that, even if we don't completely understand one another, we all worship and love the One True God. I love that we are brothers and sisters in Christ, despite our language, race, or culture. I really just love people. And I'm learning more and more to see the beauty of God in every face.



Community is what it's all about :) 


No comments: