Monday, December 1, 2008

Amazed

I have heard the song "Amazed" so many times. But i think i actually listened to it for the first time yesterday. 

You dance over me
While I am unaware
You sing all around
But I never hear the sound

Lord, I'm amazed by You
Lord, I'm amazed by You
Lord, I'm amazed by You
And how You love me

You paint the morning sky
With miracles in mind
My hope will always stand
For You hold me in Your hand

How deep, how wide
How great is Your love for me

The first verse is what gets me. Everyone has days when they feel so alone; too alone for anyone to understand, too hurt to even have words to tell anyone. The imagery of our Father described in this song is so beautiful. In those times of not having words to describe your pain or hurt, He knows our hearts and is feeling our hurt along beside us, whether we know it or not. I too often forget that He is always here. He will never leave me or forsake me. The God of the Universe has promised to be with me always! "You dance over me, while I am unaware. You sing all around, but i never hear the sound." At our loneliest, God is covering us in His love and His incredible comfort.
I'm not sure what it was yesterday, but my Father's unconditional and unfathomable love became a little more real to me.


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

You are going to be happy on the ski trip:)