Monday, November 3, 2008

what a day.

left franklin at 5:30 last night. got to searcy at 1:30 am. 
We (my friend adam and I) were about 25 min. outside of franklin on I-40 when we came to stand still traffic. I turned the car off and we just sat there in park... for an hour and 30 minutes. The man next to us said that there was a tractor trailer that had caught on fire. A lady walking around told us that she heard that it wouldn't be cleared up until midnight! Thankfully, where we had ended up stopped was right next to a turn around spot for emergency vehicles, so we hopped back on I40 and headed back to franklin. My directionally gifted brother told us two different routes we could try. Tried the first way, but traffic was still backed up. Sooo we ended up driving the centerville and around some extremely winding roads. Finally made it to I40 an hour or so later! Basically, it took us 4 hours to get to Jackson. We made a couple stops for frappuccinos, coffee, and energy drinks along the way. When we were about an hour outside of searcy in Wynne, i got pulled over for speeding. It was bound to happen - we joked that we'd get pulled over the entire trip. Didn't get a ticket though :) Pulled into my dorm parking lot at about 1:30 - security let me in. probably a curfew violation. ohh well.


yesterday was the first time that i've cried about leaving and coming back to Harding. every fiber of me wanted to stay. i'm praying that i will see God's plan play out in the rest of my time here. i have absolutely seen Him working; it's just so hard to be here now.            
7 weeks until i move back. 3 weeks until thanksgiving break. 

1 comment:

Jill Robinson said...

Be strong....in the grand scheme of things 7 weeks is not a long time. I'm so happy that you are coming back HOME.