Thursday, October 30, 2008

Your love is strong

I feel like i've been living a bipolar life lately.
somedays are really great and i am so aware of Him! and other days, just aren't so good. But, He has continually turned even the worst of days around and pointed them straight back to Him. 

It is pledge week here at Harding - craziness. quite grateful I'm not trying to balance pledging on top of everything. haven't seen much of any of my friends all week. i've had so much homework anyway. plus it has provided some good me and God time :) 

Went to the World Mission Workshop last thursday-sunday. Didn't know a single person as I climbed onto the Harding bus for a 9 hour drive to Montgomery, AL. ended up meeting some wonderful people, though. i think that God is really loving stretching my comfort zone this semester. this year. Kate and Heidi Miller met me in alabama (they went with lipscomb). It was so wonderful spending time with the two of them; i've become extremely thankful for familiar faces :) On the bus ride down there, the guy sitting behind me asked what type of missions i was planning on "going into". ( i think some of the guys that go on these trips are partially there to find a wife willing to live in the wilderness or in the desert somewhere). I told him that I'm really not sure about where/if overseas missions is where God wants me, but that I am trying to be aware and open to whatever He throws at me. Would have lovvvved some clarity on that statement during the course of the weekend. I did learn a lot though and i was incredibly inspired and have a new sense of motivation. I met a woman who lives in Jellico, TN (in appalachia) with her family. Really want to go and visit - they are having a major impact in that community. Heard someone speak about the Global Slave Trade - He showed clips from the documentary, Call and Response. ahh intense and heartbreaking footage:

17,500 women and children trafficked in the US per year - 50% of them are minors.
There are 27 million slaves in the world today - that's more than the population of Texas!

Sat in on a lot of other classes and learned something from all of them (well, maybe besides one..). 
Still waiting to hear where i fit in all of this.

Again, I so loved hanging out with Kate and Heidi during the weekend. Kate and I even shared a twin bed the second night :)

I think I'm going to get a tattoo over thanksgiving break:
απoλuτρωσις
            It means "redemption" in Greek. 

No comments: